Chicken spaghetti is the ultimate comfort food. This casserole is simple enough to prepare on a weeknight but filling enough to serve guests. It can be prepared ahead of time and refrigerated covered. This simple cheesy dish, filled with halal organic meat goodness, will delight you and your family.
We all prefer simple dishes to make, and cheesy chicken spaghetti has always been like this. You can modify the dish in several ways. For example, if you prefer halal organic chicken in shredded form, go ahead if you want to make a little spicy meal; you can substitute diced jalapenos for the green chilis. Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti is a comfort meal.
- Spaghetti 8 ounces (uncooked)
- Butter 5 tablespoons
- Onion 1 small (finely chopped)
- Red Bell Pepper 1 (diced)
- Garlic 2 cloves (minced)
- All-purpose Flour 1/4 cup
- Chicken Broth 1 cup
- Milk 2 cups
- Tomatoes and Green Chilies (1 can drained, mild diced)
- Cayenne Pepper 1/8 teaspoon ground
- Cheddar Cheese 2 1/2 cups shredded
- Parmesan Cheese 1/4 cup freshly grated
- Chicken 2 (cups cooked ,cubed)
- According to the directions on the package, cook the spaghetti, then add a colander to drain well.
- Take a large skillet and, put it over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Next, add bell peppers and onions to the melted butter. Cook until the bell peppers and onions soften, about 3-4 minutes.
- Turn the heat down to medium-low.
- Now, add in the minced garlic and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Flour the vegetables. And cook, frequently stirring, for 2-3 minutes.
- Alternately stir in the chicken broth and milk.
- Add drained tomatoes and cayenne pepper. Cook for 5 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
- Add 2 cups shredded cheddar and grated Parmesan in small batches until melted.
- Stir in the cooked chicken until it is thoroughly heated.
- Set the oven to 350°F. Fill the casserole dish halfway with cooked spaghetti.
- Spread the chicken cheese sauce on top of the spaghetti. Finish with sprinkling the remaining cheddar cheese.
- Now, bake for about 25 minutes, or until the cheese melts, and the casserole is thoroughly warmed.
- Any small to medium-sized pasta, such as penne, farfalle, elbows, thin spaghetti, or angel hair, can be used. Whichever pasta you choose, cook it slightly al dente because you will also be baking it.
- You can also replace red bell pepper with green or orange bell pepper.
- You can also use baked, poached, or grilled chicken.
Instructions For Advance Preparation
This casserole dish can be made up to 2 days ahead of time. Refrigerate after covering with plastic wrap. Make sure the pasta is al dente. Keep the shredded cheddar on top until you’re ready to bake it. Remove the casserole from the oven 30 minutes before it is due to baking. Next, stir in 1/4 cup chicken broth or milk, then top with cheddar and bake for about 25- 30 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the casserole is warm.
Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti is a family favorite! This recipe makes a homemade sauce that is super simple to make, so your delicious cheesy casserole is ready to bake in just 15 minutes. Serve and Enjoy!