HOW TO ADVERTISE ON FACEBOOK
Over the last few years, marketing has become an important part of any company’s business plan. With the fast spread of globalization and the internet, companies and brands are not only trying to target their local audience but also people all over the world. With so many companies offering similar products, tactics like good marketing strategies are now more essential than ever to attract new customers. Marketing increases awareness among your target audience letting them know of your company and your products. Facebook ads have become an effective way for business owners to advertise their products and services. People spend most of their time on social media platforms, therefore it makes sense to use these platforms for marketing purposes. Facebook alone has more than 2 billion monthly users. By using Facebook ads, companies can bring more eyes to their products by using the right strategies and targeting the right demographic.
Types of Facebook ads
Facebook gives you a lot of options when it comes to the type of ads you want to use in your marketing campaign. Different kinds of ads allow companies to be creative with their ads and do their best to capture a person’s attention. If you are looking to advertise on Facebook, then the following are some of the ad formats you can use:
- Image ads: The most simple, plain, and effective type of ads. These serve as a great jumping point if you are new to the world of Facebook ads.
- Video ads: The next logical step, video ads allow you to create videos that can run in stories, Newsfeed and as a part of videos during streaming.
- Carousel ads: These ads pop up in form of a collection of images or videos which can be up to 10 in number. These are effective for highlighting multiple products or multiple aspects of a single product.
- Messenger ads: With more than 1 billion monthly users, the messenger app is also an effective platform for showcasing your products.
- Dynamic ads: These ads allow companies to target customers based on their interests. This is based on the kind of pages and posts visited by a potential customer.
Other forms of ads that can be used include poll ads, slideshow ads, Instant experience ads, collection ads, stories ads, lead ads, etc.
How to advertise on Facebook
First things first, you need to create a Facebook business page to get started. Once done, you can start advertising by following these simple steps:
- Go to your Facebook business page and select Promote in the left column.
- Choose your goal: You will be given 11 options to choose from which will determine the objective of your ad. You can select options like store traffic, reach, brand awareness, reach, conversions, etc. based on your purpose.
- Choose your Ad creative: This is where you will get to decide the type of ad you want to use. As mentioned above, you have multiple options at your disposal like image ads, video ads, collection ads, messenger ads, etc.
- Choose your audience: Another important step as it will determine your target audience. You can set the range of your ad around your location or include\exclude certain cities. You can select the gender, age, language and interests of your potential target audience.
- Choose your budget: This will depend upon your business scale and requirements. Larger businesses, of course, will be able to spend more than smaller companies.
- Choose your duration: Now you can set the duration of how long your ad should run. The default options are 7, 14, and 28 days. If none of these are to your liking, you can also pick a custom duration from the menu.
- Choose your payment method: The last thing that will be required of you before you can submit your ad is your payment method. There are multiple options available, so pick the one that’s most suitable for you.
- Submit your ad: Once you are done with setting up your ad, simply click “Promote” to submit your ad. The ad will go through a review process that can take up to 24 hours. You will be notified when your ad has been approved.
Facebook ads is a good platform that gives provides a good set of options to create your ads and get them running. The effectiveness of your ads is going to depend upon how well made they are and how effectively they target your target audience.